Founder and Chairperson: Dr. A.K.B. Pillai
Secretary: Ms. Angela Fusco
Directors: Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, Dr. Hiram Pinto, Ms. Nancy ScharffAdvisory Board: Dr.
Sara Easaw, Dr. Anne D’Orazio, Dr. Ron Hayashida, Dr. James Howell, Dr. Michael Isaacs, Mr. Paul Karukapalli, Mr. G.K.
Pillai, Dr.Parthasarathy Pillai, Professor Donna Pompa Pillai, Dr. Carroll
Webber, Dr. N.S. Xavier
New York Institute of Integral Human Development is an educational and human service institution. It aims at the public awareness of the enormous potentialities of the human being to be happy and contented through integral development—intellectual, emotional, educational, and professional—at
the personal, social, intercultural, and international levels. One of its emphases is the exploration, identification and
development of the positive aspects of global cultures, and their application to human well being. Such human development
frees one from stress, loneliness, and all kinds of human and social disorders. The New York Institute of Integral Human Development
- Anthropological and Multidisciplinary
research in the social, behavioral and medical sciences, humanities,
theatrical arts, and creative writing, with a focus on individual and sociocultural development;
- Publication of books, articles,
and journals; and conducting artistic performances;
- Developing communication among scholars, especially among medical professionals, social workers, and creative writers;
- Contributing to the organization and development
of other institutions by providing specialized services;
the contributions of institutions and individuals toward nonviolence,
social harmony and development;
- Sponsoring humanistic projects of individuals and organizations, if the parties concerned will
meet the expenses;
- Environmental conservation and reconstruction;
- Providing volunteer services
to needy institutions;
- Contributing toward interethnic, intercultural, and international understanding, for peace, cooperation, and development;
- Developing a comprehensive system of consumer benefits and referral systems in medicine, education, health, relaxation services, yoga, nutrition, etc.
NYIIHD has the following Major
- Health and Human Services
- India Development and Indo-American Relations
- Multicultural/International Cooperation
Values: Comparative Cultural Research
- Educational Services: Training
in Health, Human Services and Human Development
- Healthy Gender
- Creativity: Writing, Theatrical Arts, Art, etc.
Information on Specific Divisions and Projects
- The Indo-American Division of NYIIHD is concerned with the well being of Americans
at large and the healthy relationship between Asian Indian immigrants and the people at large in the USA.
- The India Development Division of NYIIHD is concerned with India’s development,
with a special focus on Kerala (state in South India). NYIIHD will take up any project of international significance, such
as anthropological field studies, conflict resolution, development of economy, culture and health, all according to the laws
and regulations of the U.S. and the foreign country concerned.
project of any division will be sponsored by NYIIHD after review and at the discretion of the President and concerned committee
members. The individual, individuals or institutions seeking NYIIHD’s sponsorship, support or guidance will be responsible
for most, if not all of the expenses of their project.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IN CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES/WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS
Can Change the Course of Your Life !
Multicultural, multidisciplinary, and
interdisciplinary approach, and/or discipline specific content, for Executives of all kinds, Health Care professionals, including
Social Workers, Psychologists, Nurses, Doctors, Rehabilitation Therapists, etc., as well as programs offered for the general
FASCINATING, ENJOYABLE, KNOWLEDGEABLE, WITH PRACTICAL AND EFFECTIVE APPLICATIONS in areas
such as Stress Reduction, Women’s Empowerment, Child Development, Learning Problems, Humanistic Management, Spirituality,
Creativity, Transcultural Psychiatry andTherapy, requested topics, etc. (read on for list of courses)
Features of our Program:
- Very reasonable course fees
- Courses designed
according to the individual participants’ needs and interests
- Course participants grouped according
to their level of professional experience and education.
- Class duration may vary from 1 hour to 15
hours to more, as designed.
- Hours and days are flexible according to participants’ schedules
phone interview to determine the needs of the individual participant
- Individual training also available
easily accessible by public buses and trains. Parking also available.
- Continuing education credits,
and/or transfer to college credit may be possible
- Held in a comfortable, serene and pleasant environment,
in a beautiful stone building surrounded by evergreen trees, in central Riverdale.
- Transcultural Psychiatry: Multicultural and Holistic Diagnosis and Treatment for Psychosomatic
- Living With Dynamic Humanism in a Dehumanized Environment
Empowerment from Sex to Spirituality
- Adolescent Stress and Suicide: Preventive Strategies
Psychiatry: Multicultural and Holistic Diagnosis and Treatment for Psychosomatic Disorders
With Dynamic Humanism in a Dehumanized Environment
- Women: Empowerment from Sex to Spirituality
Stress and Suicide: Preventive Strategies
- Self Growth
Approaches to Learning Problems
11) Healthy Aging & Longevity
Free Developmental Management
- Creativity:Culture & Poetry
Health & Beauty Therapy
15) Spiritual TherapyTaught by:
1) Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, Ph.D. (Columbia University, N.Y.), a medical anthropologist, has
been internationally honored for his breakthrough research findings on new dimensions of psychosomatic health and personality
development. His 35 years of cross cultural, multidisciplinary research (USA, India, Norway, China, Japan, etc.) has formed
the basis for his creation of the Integral Development Therapy system. He is also Fellow and Diplomate, American
Board of Medical Psychotherapists; Associate, University Seminars, Columbia University, N.Y.; Fellow (ex), National Institute
of Mental Health; member (professional), American Counseling Association; Professor (ex) ( 27 years), New Jersey State System
of Higher Education (Ramapo). He is development consultant to individuals and institutions internationally and has trained
many outstanding therapists, scientists, writers and social activists, worldwide, as well as enabled thousands of persons
to lead a fulfilling and peaceful life.
He has published three books in English and nine books in
Malayalam (his mother tongue). His forthcoming books include: The Handbook of Self and Human Development and Kerala,
India: Developmental Resources vs. Neomaterialistic Syndrome (English and Malayalam).
Donna Pompa Pillai (Dhyana), MSW, LCSW, ACSW, Program Director, is an award winning psychosomatic Development Therapist,
and the author of many professional research papers. She has spent 9 years as a dedicated MSW Field Instructor for Hunter
College and New York University, and 29 years experience in various health care settings. She has done extensive field study
and research with Dr. Pillai, among ethnic groups from many parts of the world. She also has been a committed practitioner
of twice daily Meditation for the last 29 years, the enlightening and calming resources of which she brings to her clients.
They have a private practice together in Riverdale, New York.
guests, drawn from NYIIHD’s extensive network of specialized consultants, as well as others.
unbounded Self of infinite potentialities
- The joy, strength and resourcefulness of an intelligent
emotional support system
- Deeper understanding and realization of how culture impacts on you and/or
your client’s behavior, thoughts, feelings and health.
- How to begin to free yourself from internalization
of negative socialization
- Techniques to relax, in action, even in an unavoidably stressful environment
new skills to:
- Practice multicultural and multidisciplinary applied work.
- Identify your and/or your client’s personal strengths and resources
realistic, as well as fulfilling personal/professional goals, and how to reach them without sacrificing your relationships
or quality of life
- Have self command, reduce stress, and enjoy life more
fulfilling relationships in your life, romantic, family, friends, etc.
Become healthier and live
with the reality and hope of personal growth
Committed to the Well Being of All Humankind!